Search

Friday, April 8, 2011

Welcome MBA Class of 2013!

It’s spring in Hanover and it’s….snowing. However, even with a fresh eight inches of powder on the ground, we are still gearing up to welcome the admitted Class of 2013 to campus in two short weeks during our Admitted Students Weekend. It blows my mind to think that this school year is coming to a close and to reflect on all of the things I have accomplished here in just seven short months.

From an academic standpoint, I have survived (and passed!) our rigorous core curriculum and broadened my general management knowledge. My knowledge of acronyms has expanded exponentially (STP, 3C’s, 4P’s, CAPM, DCF) and I understand my dominant leadership style (pacesetting). I possess enough general business knowledge to be dangerous in just about any situation.

Professionally, I successfully started my career transition from finance to marketing by securing an internship for the summer at a major consumer packaged goods company. Now, I just need to convince them that I actually know what I am doing by extensively using marketing acronyms in my final presentation this summer.

Personally, I have learned how to play ice hockey and I have improved as a skier. I have bonded with my study groups and furthered my knowledge of other cultures and international food (and drink). I witnessed the resourcefulness and thoughtfulness of my Japanese classmates and their countrymen, facing a national crisis, during our Spring Break trek to Japan. Lastly, I have had the opportunity to test and improve upon my (pacesetting) leadership style through being one of the co-chairs for our upcoming Admitted Students Weekend.

I cannot imagine experiencing a more impactful seven months than the ones I just underwent. Luckily, I am still not halfway through my time at the Tuck School of Business and I am confident that there is much more learning and personal growth to achieve while here. So, I want to extend a huge welcome to the Class of 2013! You have a lot to look forward to!

Forte members: Have you been admitted to an MBA Program? Share your successes below!

Julie L. Reimer
Forte Fellow and MBA Candidate, Class of 2012
Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth

No comments:

Post a Comment