Search

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Come to the Forté Forums!

By Pat Harrison, Associate Director of Admissions, Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth

One of my areas of responsibility at Tuck is women’s recruiting, and for women who are thinking about business school, I highly recommend you look into the Forté Foundation. Forté is an organization committed to educating and directing talented women toward careers in business. It is made up of a consortium of top business schools and major corporations, and as a founding member, Tuck has been involved with Forté from the start. Forté’s website contains lots of useful information about business school, careers in business, etc. and shares the stories of women who have gone before you. It is a great networking, mentoring and educational tool.

My favorite thing about Forté is participating in the annual Forté Forums held in the late summer/early fall. Forté hosts these events in 9 cities in the U.S. and Canada. The Forums provide an opportunity for women thinking about business school to speak one-on-one with representatives from all of the Forté member schools. There will also be a panel of admissions officers providing helpful tips on creating the best application possible, and a panel of business school alumnae to talk about the value of an MBA education and their business school and career experiences. Tuck will be at all of the Forums this year: Chicago (8/20); Boston (8/21); Washington D.C. (8/22); Atlanta (8/23); Dallas (8/27); San Francisco (8/29); Los Angeles (8/30); New York City (9/4 and 9/5); and Toronto (9/6). I encourage you to register to attend one of the events and look forward to seeing you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment