Search

Monday, December 24, 2012

MBA Admissions Advice From the Experts - November

This past November, a seasoned MBA Admission Representatives from Columbia, UCLA, Indiana, and Emory discussed topics such as preparing for the GMAT, work experience and leadership, letters of recommendation, writing your essays & preparing your resume, and finally the interview process. Here are a few quotes from the panel:
On work experience – “Students in the classroom, will benefit from the insights you bring to the classroom, based on the variety of your rich individual experiences,” Amanda Carlson, Assistant Dean of Admissions, Columbia Business School.

Who should I be asking for my recommendations? – “Another good option is a client… they can give an interesting perspective into your performance and leadership capabilities,” Lindsay Haselton, Associate Director of MBA Admissions, UCLA Anderson School of Management.
On essays – “We learn about you by looking at your resume and the information you provide in your application…but the question I ask myself after reading an applicant’s essays is, have I learned anything more about this applicant, now that I have read their essays? … I want to be left with the feeling that this is someone I really want to have in our program,” Jim Holmen, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, Kelley School of Business at Indiana.

On GPA & GMAT – “We are looking to see that you are prepared for the rigor of our program,” Libby Livingston, Director of MBA Admissions, Goizueta Business School at Emory.
Take some time to listen to the complete webinar online:

Arrion Rathsack, Manager of Sponsor Relations and Programs, Forté Foundation
P.S. Join us for an upcoming webinar to gain all the information you need to know about getting your MBA. From financing your MBA to getting advice on the application process to hearing from women of color who’ve sought their MBA, the webinars will put you in touch with successful businesswomen who can provide you with the answers you’re looking for to make this important decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment